Are Bing ads worth your time? Absolutely yes. Ignoring Bing ads can be a huge mistake when marketing your business. So, in this post, I’m going to show you how to setup a Bing ads campaign.
Ads are known to be a great method of marketing your business or services. However, most of us are familiar with Google Ads because people use Google to find out results for their needs. Google Ads helps to bring your business in the top lists of search engine result pages. Google Ads is not only a place to get paid ads but there are other alternatives such as Bing Ads.
This Microsoft version of Google Ads works similarly like Google and it has roughly more than 23 percent of online search volume that is gradually increasing. If you are ignoring Bing Ads then it can turn out to be a big mistake as it causes you great loss. It is quite easy to setup Bing Ads and promote your business over a wide range of audience.
Steps to Launch Bing Ad Campaign – The Right Way
Here is a step by step guide to set up your Bing Ads easily.
1. Creating a Bing Ads Account
Firstly, you need to visit Bing Ads website and signup for creating a new account and it is quite easy. Once you are done with creating your account then you will be redirected to a new webpage where you need to fill every detail such as:
- Company name
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Time zone
- Country your business is located in
- Currency you want to use
Then, you need to choose whether you want to create an account for promoting your own business or you want to create this account to provide promotional services like an Ad agency. After entering all the information you need to agree with the terms and conditions of the website and create your account.
2. Importing Your Google Ads Campaign (Optional)
This step provides two options for the users whether they can import their Google Ads campaign or they can choose to create a new campaign from starting. If you do not have a Google Ad campaign then there is no need to worry as below we’ll discuss creating a new campaign and run it. In case, if you have already created a campaign in your Google account then you need to click on the import button to bring the exact changes from your Google Ad campaign to Bing Ads campaign.
You would be asked to sign in your Google account and choose the campaign you want to import from the options mentioned. It also provides the options to schedule the import of Google Ad campaign.
3. Creating Your First Campaign
For this, you need to get back to your Bing Ads campaign account dashboard and click over the option “create campaign”.
Then, it will redirect to you a page where you need to choose goal for your business such as:
- Dynamic search ads: Dynamic Search Ads are ads in a campaign type that focuses on sections of a brand’s site, forgoing bidding on keywords. These ads fill the gaps in keyword campaigns for ROI through additive traffic.
- Visits to my website: It is essential in driving those first-time visitors back to your site. And also increases brand awareness by keeping your business name in front of consumers.
- Visits to my business location(s): Set your business location to target the audience. This will increase the touch points with your audience and leads to more conversion.
- Sell products from your catalog: It automatically creates carousel ads that showcase the products you sell and attract more shoppers to your website.
- Conversions in my website: Website conversion helps you to grow business on your website. It encourages people to go to your website.
- Phone calls to my business: It allows you to focus on getting more calls straight from your ads.
4. Setup Campaign Settings
Next, it’s time to define your campaign settings.
- Campaign Name: This term refers as to a place where you enter the name of your campaign. You should choose the name that clearly describes the purpose of your campaign.
- Campaign Budget: It is a budget you set at the campaign level instead of the ad set level. The amount you set can be applied for both each day campaign like daily budget or over lifetime campaign as a lifetime budget.
- Location: This is where in the world you want your ads to appear. You can target or exclude specific countries/regions.
5. Find Out the Best Keywords
It is crucial to choose ideal keywords for the success of your Bing Ads campaign and this is the reason why this step goes before creating the campaign. You need to look for the right keywords for targeting the potential audience as it will help to bring the good return over the investment made over Bing Ads campaign. For conducting the best keyword research you can use the keyword planner tool present in the dashboard of your Bing Ad campaign account.
PPC Keyword Match Types
There are total of 5 Match Type option available for the users and they are mentioned below:
- Broad match: In this match type your Ad would be displayed whenever any user searches for an individual word present in your keyword in any order. Or it will show your business if their word is somehow related to your keyword.
- Phrase match: Your ad would be displayed when every word present in your keyword matches with the search of the user.
- Exact match: In this match type your ad would be shown when the user will search exactly for your targeted keyword.
- Negative keyword: Your ad might not be displayed if the user does not include specific words along with your keyword.
- Close keyword variation: This match type is for the time when the users look for your keyword but might commit some punctuation or spelling mistake.
Every match has different Bid amounts and Bing Ads would provide you an estimate of the cost for using a specific match type. You need to choose a match type and then click over the Add option it will take you to your budget page. In this page you can look for the budget option for your Daily Ad campaign along with the location you want it to appear and language you want the ad to be displayed in. You can choose your desired option and click over the save button. After doing all this, the last thing is to add payment and you are done.
6. Create Your First Ad
After choosing the goal and keywords you need to click on Create your Ad option then it will take you to a page where you have to provide information about the headlines, URL and text you need for your Bing Ad campaign.
- Ad type: Ad type is a kind of ad that can show to users. It helps to promote your external website and send people to your landing pages or blog posts.
- Final URL: It is a URL of the landing page to which your ad will send to your customer. But when they click on your ad.
- Title part 1: Part 1 should be of 20-70 characters. Here you can headline of the campaign.
- Title part 2: The character limit of title part 2 is only 42 characters. It is used to add a display URL.
- Title part 3: It is the third part of the title that automatically separated by space and vertical bar when your ad is visible.
- Path: This is the simplified path for the URL but this is only limited to 15 char per section. It is restrictive so you should add the Keyword that promotes your ad.
- Ad text 1: Your ad text copy is your shot at getting someone to understand what you offer.
- Ad text 2: It is used to add text-only information for an ad image when that image cannot be displayed.
- Mobile URL: Mobile URL should be the same as the desktop URL.
Once you are done with it then click on save option and choose the keywords you want to target. Hence, with every keyword you would have the option to choose their Bid and Match Type.
7. Bid Strategy Optimization
There are three main bid strategies:
- Manual: A bidding method that lets you set maximum cost-per-click for your ads. This means you can set the amount that you would pay for each click on your ads
- Enhanced CPC: It is a kind of bid strategy that helps you to maximize conversions and conversions value. But this type of bidding strategy is restricted to the display and search networks.
- Maximize Clicks: This is an automatic bid strategy depend on your maximum daily budget. Maximize click is one of the easiest and simple way to bid and drive the most possible clicks.
Promote Your Business Today With Bing Ads Campaign
Bing Ads is considered as one of the most underrated tools of the market campaigns but it is quite effective. You can easily get the most out of your investment made in Bing Ads campaign and drive organic leads. The above-mentioned guide to create your first Bing Ad campaign consists of every detail related to the campaign and it might turn out to be helpful.