Blogging is the truncated form of ‘web logging’ that started in the early 1990s. It began as a fashionable trend to share information in a conversational style on a web page for public view and consumption. Soon the trend caught up, and today blogging is done on a massive scale to build personal and commercial brands. Content rules the roost — but it does so more powerfully when the text is packaged with engaging, entertaining, and immersive videos.
Read on to know how videos can be positively used to engage traffic and drive revenue on blogs.
Why Is Video A Powerful Medium?
Even when you are a subject matter expert and claim to be imaginative in your content, the written format cannot survive on its own. It is easy to get lost in a pool of similar content where there is always someone ahead of you, holding more authority in your niche area in this competitive market. So how do you showcase your expertise and engage the netizens creatively in a shorter timeframe to rank higher in Google SERPs and secure a standing on the web?
The video format is a lead generation tool that rescues you from obscurity as it infuses its strengths and blends seamlessly with the written text to produce dynamic results. High-quality, relevant video content increases footfall, drives organic traffic, and increases a brand’s ROI.
How Do Videos Increase Engagement On Blogs?
Videos are a blog’s leading star. They do an excellent job of converting potential customers to loyal ones, boosting sales, and turning up business revenue.
Live, animated videos/snippets have a vast outreach. They effectively convey the utility value and message of a blog to a broader audience on social media than traditional blogging.
The downside of video production is the expense and time involved – which discourages many Australian bloggers to employ them. Think of this as a small price to pay in return for the massive number of people you can engage with and apply the mobile viewing techniques to monetize your content.
The Perks of Adding Videos to Blogs
Anything easier to consume is easier to sell. Videos are a fool-proof marketing tool that can be far more easily used to disseminate ideas and share knowledge than written text.
Here are some compelling benefits of videos for blogs:
- Captivating, attractive, and relevant preview video posts grab attention in less time and introduce your original content to the audience in a more effective and meaningful way.
- Videos break down and simplify abstract written content.
- Video posts drive more traffic than plain blog posts with text and images only. They bring a kind of clarity and conviction to the blog that the text alone cannot.
- They improve a blog’s credibility and aid in converting readers into customers, boosting revenue.
- Google encourages video usage for ranking. Videos are a vital SEO tool as readers spend more time on blogs with embedded videos and positively engage with the content.
- Videos lend personality and character to your blog. Plus, they are a fantastic medium of infotainment.
Blogging is an open-ended communication channel, but a faceless one at that. This factor serves as a downer in a world (read digital) that thrives on visibility. People connect better with short films and ads with distinct names and features than repetitious and wordy content. Well-made videos with fascinating narratives and anecdotes can have your readers hooked on them, turning them into customers, and driving revenue to your blog site.
Use Animated Videos to Stay Ahead of the Curve
People are increasingly realising the importance of animated videos in social media blogs. Animation capitalises on the fact that at least 65% of people are visual learners and 90% of the information we retain successfully in the brain is visual.
Visual transmission of the message is faster than textual, and graphic descriptions aid in better comprehension. The colour palette, video resolution, punch-in taglines, and simplicity in the text are other factors that determine greater reader engagement.
Look at how you can use animated videos to your advantage to promote your blog on social media:
- Animated content wields more staying power than any other video as it resonates better with people and appeals directly to their emotions with their simplicity and use of popular characters to influence the readers’ buying decisions.
- Animated graphics are less in-your-face, and are superior to the traditional marketing gimmicks.
- They deliver fresh content through short ads – breathing life into the narrative.
- You can use the time-travelling method to maximum advantage in video animations.
- They simplify complex content.
- They are fun and exciting as they inform while entertaining.
- Animated graphics containing pertinent messages spread like wildfire on the blogosphere.
- They are versatile as they can successfully integrate explainer videos with infographics.
- Most importantly, animated video production is cheap compared to live videos.
Who Can Do It For You?
Animated video companies are one-stop solutions for videos that can add life into a dull and lacklustre blog. Some of the best video companies can help bloggers spin and sell creative content on social media through high-quality, consistent, result-oriented video marketing strategy.
Professional video production companies can create videos perfectly fine-tuned to a blog’s message, tone, and vision. These creative experts put together their thoughts to design videos that are visually appealing to the audience and entertaining. They know how to weave stories through their videos to amplify a brand and turn their blog section a frequent haunt for their target audience. Plus, they can design videos specifically to turn blog subscribers into buyers and even loyal advocates of brands — these benefits go far beyond the revenue numbers.
There is a shifting trend in consumer demand as there is a growing market for animated video infographics. Video is ubiquitous, and it has conclusively transformed how people are consuming information online. If you have an interesting story to tell, perhaps you can think of collaborating with a competent video animation agency to help you sell it with resounding success to your niche audience and garner greater shares and more likes on your blog site.