SEO and websites are the backbones of online marketing. Every digital marketer puts in their best effort to get this right.
In terms of SEO, Google takes countless parameters into account when ranking websites. Out of all these different parameters, backlinks play a significant role.
This is why it is essential to know everything about link building so that you can make your website rank higher. Here we have compiled everything you need to know about backlinks and also a list of WordPress plugins to help build quality links.
Dive in to learn more!
Backlinks are when other websites use your links in their blog. Link building is the process of building such links. Backlinking increases the visibility of your page when search engines crawl and index websites.
Generally, when someone links to your website, it means they are agreeing with your content. Thus, when more people link to your content, the more credible it becomes in the eyes of search engines. The more credible your content, the better your chances of ranking higher. This is why backlinks are important in terms of SEO.
Manual link building by writing content and pitching them to other relevant websites can be a tedious and time-consuming process. Even with plugins, the process of adding quality backlinks can be a challenging task since link building strategies are constantly evolving.
Search engines are making regular updates in this area, thus keeping up with the trend is essential. To make this process easier and faster, you can think about hiring link building solutions.
If you’re walking on a tightrope and have too much on your plate, it’s a good idea to outsource some help. Having someone to assist you in driving organic traffic and new leads to your business can be a huge weight off your back. Outsourcing link building services is a viable option. Make sure you subscribe to the ones who build links ethically to keep your website healthy.
Building quality backlink has a myriad of uses such as a boost in organic ranking, diminishing bounce rates, increased page visits, retaining visitors for an extended time, and so on.
But to make this possible, you need to be able to interlink efficiently. Less is more, and too much can be harmful to growth. Here is a list of backlink building best practices that can help you reap maximum benefits.
- Put your links at the beginning of the article, just below the meta description and the heading tags.
- Use interlinking plugins in WordPress to smartly insert, and track links.
- Make sure to link to articles that are relevant to the content you are producing.
- WordPress creates a self-pingback when you interlink. A self-pingback is when a comment shows up in the post, whenever you link to an old post. Make sure to disable this.
- Always use anchor text when linking to a post.
WordPress, a content management platform, has plugins that aid in different types of link building processes. They let you meaningfully connect to your old articles and the process is called internal link building. You can also create useful outbound links using these plugins.
We have compiled a list of free and premium WordPress plugins that help in building quality backlinks. Some of the prominent ones are as follows:
This is a free tool that helps in building reliable internal links. All you have to do is set a keyword and the target URL. Therefore, every time the keyword appears on your site, the link will automatically attach to it.
This makes your users spend more time on your site, which is helpful in reducing bounce rates. Additionally, having reliable internal links is good for SEO. Hence, this helps you rank better in search engines.
This is another automatic internal linking plugin offered by WordPress. It works on the per-post configuration of the keywords. Additionally, you can blacklist individual posts that need not contain any links.
This plugin offers opportunities to customize your link output, thus giving you full control in every use. Additional features such as links per page, linking behavior, and links per target URL can be altered based on your needs.
This plugin has a free and paid pro version. The pro version additionally consists of:
- Importing keywords from other SEO tools like Yoast SEO.
- Ability to link to pages that are not managed by WordPress.
- Best performance on projects of any scale and size.
Link Designer is a pro tool that helps in designing the links and hyperlinks of your website based on your interest.
It comes with pre-designed templates that help you curate your links. Additionally, it contains lots of customization options such as:
- Unlimited color palettes for customizing the background color.
- Ability to add icons for links
- Assorted varieties of typography options
- Easy management of links and buttons by post type options
- Produce link targets that open on the same page or a new tab
The Interlinks manager is a pro tool that helps in building authority links which help in enhancing website visits and driving more sales.
This plugin comes with a myriad of features such as:
- Detailed analysis on interlinks such as the number of links and number of visits generated by those links.
- Ability to generate a list of all links that contribute to a specific URL.
- Receive suggestions on relevant articles regarding the post to facilitate quick link building.
- Convert keywords and phrases automatically into internal links.
- Aids in tracking every single click made by your website visitors.
This is another internal link building plugin that allows you to build meaningful links. You can efficiently link to old articles, sites, and pages to improve the SEO of your website.
This plugin allows you to import keywords in bulk and set their destination URLs. Once you type the keyword, the URL gets automatically linked to the word.
You can additionally set case-sensitive words such as to only interlink with your brand. You can also make it nofollow, in cases of affiliate links.
On-page and off-page SEO contributes significantly to the ranking of your website. And internal and outbound links play a major role in them.
WordPress plugins make your life easier by taking care of inbound and outbound links, thus boosting your website’s SEO. By linking, you make sure that your website visitors spend more time on your website. This further increases your chance of gaining new leads and converting sales.
Therefore, browse through various WordPress plugins to select one that is best suitable to your needs.
Did you like this article? Tell us in the comments below!