When we talk about best SEO plugins for WordPress, WordPress SEO by Yoast comes out as a prominent name. This plugin is written from the ground up by Joost de Valk and his team at Yoast to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects. This WordPress SEO plugin goes the extra mile than other seo plugins to take care of all the technical optimization and it will help you to write better content. WordPress SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you are writing your blog posts, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
Features of WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast
This plugin has integrated many known features of other plugins by Joost de Valk and here I will summarize theme very breifly.
- Write better content with WordPress SEO
- Page Analysis
- Technical WordPress Search Engine Optimization
- Meta & Link Elements
- XML Sitemaps
- RSS Optimization
- Edit your .htaccess and robots.txt file
- Social Integration
- Multi-Site Compatible
- Import & Export functionality
- Import functionality for other WordPress SEO plugins
You can see a rendering of what your post or page will look like in the search results using snippet preview. Choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your post, and you can know how many times it will appear on your content, URL, meta description and title. This way the plugin will help you not only increase rankings but also increase the click through for organic search results.
How to Install WordPress SEO Plugin?
- Upload the wordpress-seo folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the WordPress SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the SEO menu that appears in your admin menu
This is one of the best free SEO plugin for your WordPress blog and in the next post I will tell you how to configure Yoast SEO plugin correctly.
If you are interested in receiving more articles, please subscribe us and do share this useful guide with your blogger friends.