Are you sure your content is effective enough? If the materials on your website don’t impress visitors, the increase in traffic will be miserable, not to mention the lead generation for which you use content marketing.
Although you’re writing texts for B2B and B2C resources (not novels), they still have to be done efficiently and creatively. Therefore, I believe the below tips will give you some idea on how to generate traffic and engage readers in the most effective way.
25+ Essential Tips for Content Marketing
Here are 25+ essential tips for content marketing you can use to create valuable content on your blog and kickstart your content marketing strategies.
You may also like: How to Write Awesome and SEO friendly Blog Posts (A Step by Step Guide)
General Advice for Writing Persuasive Web Content
- Use pronouns “you” and “I” — these simple words create an informal dialogue with your readers that they want to continue.
- Keep it simple. If you’re talking to novices, present the information as simple as you can. A sophisticated writing may require too much reading efforts, which may result in losing the lion’s share of readers.
- Go straight to the point — respect your readers and don’t write meaningless long intros.
- Use subheadings to increase the readability of your texts.
- Use catchy headlines that create a sense of importance and urgency, arouse curiosity and promise interesting content. It is no secret that attractive headlines encourage visitors to read the whole article.
- Adjust the length of the paragraphs to the 5–7 lines to keep reading comfortable.
- Use pictures – one image replaces a thousand words! Posts without pictures seem boring to the reader even before he/she begins to read. However, the pictures should be relevant – don’t put the images of cats just like that?; the Internet is already full of it.
- Specify the content of the article in the introduction so that after reading the introductory paragraph, the person can see the content of the material.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about yourself — let readers know your character and don’t be afraid to write humorously about your failures. Tell interesting stories to entertain readers.
- Highlight important information in bold, italics or underlining.
- Put the summary of the article in its conclusion to refresh the memory of visitors.
Read our step by step guide to affiliate marketing: How to Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
Essential Tips for B2B Content Marketing
Despite apparent similarity, content for B2B and B2C blogging is quite different. Here are some tips that will help you in writing extremely helpful posts about business:
- Publish only verified information if you want people to take you seriously. Figures are everything today, so use only reliable sources.
- Display your achievements either in the profile or posts when discussing issues to raise your credibility in the eyes of the readers and attract new subscribers.
- Publish posts with practical utility — after covering your article, the reader must clearly understand what he should do next. Make sure the posted material includes instructions, tips, and a call to action. It must be applicable! Insert videos and graphics, including charts and diagrams to facilitate the perception of information.
- Provide readers with additional sources and reference books at the end of the post. The value of content will increase significantly if you create a separate downloadable PDF file with a list of frequently asked questions.
- Display statistics in the title – most people click on headlines with numbers. Create result-oriented headers – subscribers tend to read the blogs in which they see practical use.
- Focus on universal content if you want your posts to remain actual. Try to write about something that won’t lose its relevance in 1–2 years or after the next update.
- Create unique and original content to get more reposts. It’s called word-of-mouth marketing. Of course, to maintain readers’ interest, you have to solve their problems, even if these issues are not directly connected to your theme/good/services.
- Regularly update your content to make your blog fresh, interesting and relevant. Try to make the next material at least as qualitative and useful as the previous one.
- Use infographics – B2B posts always go with some statistics.
Essential Tips for B2C Content Marketing
- Write emotionally — compared to a B2B audience, the readers of B2C have a dispersed attention focus. Therefore, shorter but more emotional posts are what you need. Use examples emotions – people are dependent on strong emotions so that funny and sentimental stories always get a greater response. Note: the easiest trick is to cause laughter, amazement, and delight. People usually read blogs during the holidays, so it is important not to overload them with negative information.
- Post popular content to constantly keep the attention of subscribers. Include pop culture into the content of your posts to get likes, reposts, and retweets in social media.
- Use Google Trends to find out the best time for publishing. However, if the article contains news, the faster you publish it, the better. By the way, in the B2C segment, the more articles you release, the better. You can even post several times a day. To hold the attention of a large audience, you need a lot of content.
- Try a variety of content, including podcasts, videos, and texts of various style to determine the preferences of your audience.
- Allow the readers to participate — 8 out of 10 of the most common reposts are quizzes or surveys. Come up with exclusive, entertaining questions.
Thrive Leads – Best List Building Plugin for WordPress – $67 (onetime payment).
Instead of Conclusion
Creating good content is only half the job – you should also promote it. But first, of course, you need to learn how to write high-quality, interesting materials.
Practice, hone your writing skills, and the result won’t keep itself waiting. After a few entertaining posts, your traffic will noticeably increase, and you will get feedback from readers.
If you’re looking to build an email list, I recommend Getresponse. It’s got a drag-and-drop email signup form builder, beautifully designed email templates, and it’s inexpensive. Try Getresponse today for free with my affiliate link.
If you are interested in receiving more articles, please subscribe us and do share this useful guide with your blogger friends.