If you are getting constant traffic and would like to double it, you must start looking into advanced SEO techniques. It’s not just about traffic, SEO techniques and methods enable businesses to improve the overall site performance.
You may want to improve the internal sections such as site speed, adding new keywords, internal linking, responsiveness, content and image optimization. On the other hand, you may want to improve the ranking, generate new backlinks, and increase brand awareness. Advanced SEO techniques are recommended to take your site to the next level.
Each technique will give you positive results and improve the site. Every time, Google introduces a new logic and makes changes in its algorithm to evaluate your site on different parameters and maintaining all sections is difficult for any business. Meanwhile, SEO strategy should be capable of handling new updates.
Several advanced SEO techniques will be discussed in this blog and help you to modernize your website.
Audit Your Website
Website auditing is a more efficient technique to trigger all issues and errors. Before using any technique and working on website optimization, you should conduct an audit. An audit will help you to figure out why you are not getting traffic as well as search. An audit will examine site performance, issues and allow you to set new targets. Audit can be easily done by different website auditing tools available in the market. This way you will identify which technique you should use to optimize your site and make it modern. You may find out the following results in the audit:
- SEO title and Meta description for app pages need to be improved.
- Any page which has a lower speed and needs to be optimized.
- A particular webpage does not have keywords and it is not ranking.
- Duplicate content, a grammatical error can be found on some pages. You should remove those to improve the ranking.
- URL structure was not proper and needed hyphens to be placed. Make sure the URL can be readable.
- You may find some bad URLs and you want to block using Robot.txt.
- Links missing in the sitemap. Add new links in the sitemap.
- You should index new pages before starting the marketing of those pages.
- There may be a few internal backlinks. You may want to link internal pages.
- Some pages may not be mobile-friendly. Find those pages and make them mobile-friendly.
- Let Google know your new URL changes Use 301 redirects.
- Find links where keywords are not added in the URL, add keywords to improve the ranking.
- Make sure to add mobile sites as separate property. Google has started ranking mobile sites first. Prioritize mobile first-indexing.
Add or Improve Voice Search Technique
With the increased mobile audience, it is necessary to add a voice search feature to have a modern website. If you already have it, make it more efficient to amaze users. A report says that 50% of all searches will happen through voice search. Voice search is more useful in ecommerce sites where the user has to search for products. If you are not aware of the voice search technique, try Google assistant, Amazon, and other platforms to see how it works.
The voice search is also a considerable advanced SEO technique because Google also prefers it. A website that quickly loads results must implement voice search features to improve the user experience. How you should optimize voice search feature:
- Think about how people can speak and search, optimize content so that it will be quickly retrieved through voice search.
- Location-based content is highly searchable. Add content that matches the local search.
- Long keywords are preferable; people generally speak long voice queries.
Landing pages are collective informational pages. You should continuously be adding Landing pages to generate more leads and sales. Landing pages should be strategically created and marketed. Product-based business and Ecommerce portals mostly use this technique and promote new brands and products. The newly created page can represent several related pages or internal pages related to specific services or products and you can provide anchor link
Service-based and B2B companies prefer to have more clicks on the homepage but landing pages can be helpful to build new relationships and attract new customers. See what type of landing pages can be created quickly:
- Create a landing page for brand-specific products. Also, mention a discount per cent in the SEO title. When users search for a particular brand product, your landing page with a discount mentioned will encourage users to visit the site.
- Create a landing page and display a collection of related services. An example can be a different type of training provided to students. You can create a landing page and provide anchor links to different training pages on your site.
- Another example can be a blogger site that creates high-quality landing pages on popular topics.
A website must be Mobile Friendly
According to Piyush Jain, founder of Simpalm, a DC based web design company, a website cannot be modern if it is not mobile-friendly. The mobile audience has significantly increased after the Smartphone revolution. More than 60% of users are on mobile. They prefer mobile phones to search for anything. Google search algorithms rank responsive websites and display them on the first two pages. Many businesses build a responsive website, but they do not check the layout and all pages on mobile browsers. The responsive technique will allow you to make your website for mobile users.
Many times, businesses use pre-built themes that are available in the market and modify according to their needs. Those themes have limitations and are inefficient to handle responsiveness. They need a lot of work to become compatible with all device sizes. You must conduct an audit and check all pages and sections on different devices to make your website responsive.
Use the Mobile-First Ranking Technique
In 2019, Google has launched a mobile-first indexing method. According to this new technique, Google is encouraging to build a web to become mobile-friendly. By 2025, one-third of internet users will be using mobile phones to search for anything. In that case, your website should be modernized for mobile users and allow them to quickly perform any operation. It should be a crucial task for all website owners to build a mobile site and add that in Google search console as separate property. From 2019 onwards, Googlebots is indexing mobile sites that are deployed after 2019. Also, they assured that old sites will be continuously indexed based on the previous algorithm.
Website owners should create identical pages for both desktop and mobile versions. Also, focus on both versions to improve the ranking of the site.
Final Points on Advanced SEO techniques
Advanced SEO techniques are essential to building a modern website and survive in the competition. Also, there may be some more techniques you will find or suggested by SEO experts. All you need to do is continuously work on SEO and improve the site with these techniques. Day by day working will provide you good results in the ranking, search and make your website modern.