If you’re wondering How To Start A Blog In 10 Minutes then know this: You are not alone. This article will explain you how to make a WordPress website in 10 minutes, on the same platform as Woblogger.
One of the questions most often emailed to me is, “How do you make money blogging?”
The short answer is—it’s easier and harder than you may think.
It’s easy because it requires very little cash outlay up-front, you don’t need a degree or certification, the field is wide open, and the profit margins are high.
On the other hand, setting up a successful blog that makes a part-time or full-time income will only be the result of massive amounts of effort, determination, consistency, and perseverance.
Today I will show you how to start a blog in 10 minutes, which is surprisingly easy!
What Topic Should I Choose
Topic choice is going to be one of your most important decisions.
I always choose topics that I have a great deal of interest in. That way I never run out of ideas and I’m most creative.
I also like to choose topics that help solve people’s problems or teach them something new.
01. Pick a Great Name for Your Blog
Your blog name should encompass your blog’s mission and should clearly articulate your blog’s purpose. Don’t hurry through the process of picking a name; it’s your brand and you want to make sure you love it and it’s something you’re going to love for years to come.
Take a day or two to consider potential names. Ask a few trusted friends to give their input. Toss around ideas, and when you land upon ones you like, check to see if the domain name (the www website address) is available on GoDaddy.com before jumping ahead and settling on any one name.
02. Purchase the Domain Name and Hosting
What is hosting? This is where your blog will “live.” This is a server in the cloud (i.e., a remote computer), where you will rent space to install the WordPress software and manage your blog. It’s far easier than it sounds. Stick with me.
There are a hundreds of hosting services available. However, based on my experience and research, I recommend Siteground Hosting. I believe it is the best option for most people for the following several reasons:
- Siteground is one of the most popular and highest rated hosting provider in the WordPress community.
- They are an official “WordPress” recommended hosting provider.
- They offer excellent customer service (located in the US).
- Their packages are highly affordable. If you sign up with the link below, I’ve actually locked my readers a $3.95 per month fee + a free domain. Which is incredibly cheap.
- Their service provides extremely fast page load times.
They’re offering Woblogger users an exclusive 60% discount on their startup plan. Use our SiteGround promo link below to get a free new domain and 60% off their web hosting.
No coupon or promo code needed, up to 60% price discount on Siteground Hosting.
To order Siteground Hosting at this discounted price, click this promo link (opens in new window).
Here is what the secure order page looks like:
03. Install WordPress
Siteground has integrated 1-click-installation for WordPress, which makes getting going a snap.
If you signed up with Siteground, you should find your “1-click-installation” in your account control panel. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Log in to your hosting account.
- Go to your control panel.
- Look for the “WordPress” icon.
- Choose the domain where you want to install your website.
- Click the “Install Now” button and you should get access to your NEW WordPress website.
If you’re unable to locate it, look here: How to Install WordPress on Siteground.
04. Brand yourself by choosing a design
At this point you have some sort of website up and running hopefully. Now we have to make it awesome.
How to find a great WordPress theme: You have a few different options, when it comes to themes. The first option is to search within WordPress.
Go to “Appearance > Themes” in the side menu and then click “Add new” at the top:
You can sort themes by “featured”, “popular,” or by any advanced “feature filter” that you’re looking for.
If you like the look of the theme’s thumbnail, click anywhere on it to bring up a preview window:
If you like the preview (on the right panel), click install. Otherwise, click the “X” button and you’ll go back to your search screen.
Once you install a theme, you need to activate it for it to light up on your website. You can do that directly from the successful installation screen. Or, go back to your main themes page and you’ll see your new theme as an option.
Click it like before, but this time there will be an “activate” option, as well as a “live preview” option if you’re not sure that you actually want to activate it.
The second option is to find a theme using a third party site. These are typically premium themes, so expect to pay $30-60 for a theme. You can find some great free themes, but the best ones are all premium options.
It’s a one time fee and I recommend it, if you’re serious about your business. You can always start off with a free theme and convert to premium later, though.
With a premium theme, not only do you get better themes in general, but you also get support from the theme creator themselves, which can be very useful to beginners.
You have officially setup your blog. This is only the beginning of an exciting journey for you. If you have any questions or issues please leave a comment below. I try to check my comments daily.
Next Awesome Stuff To Read:
I’ve written hundreds of articles on creating marketing strategies and generating traffic, and now you can finally put them to use:
Promote your blog:
- 11 Proven Strategies to Get 1000+ Visitors per Day
- 10 Tips to Get 1000+ Visitors per Day to Your Website [Infographic]
- 8 Effective Tips to Promote Your Blog
- 12 Proven Strategies to Get More Visitors to Your Site More Often
- What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?
- Basic steps to get your website ranked in search engines
- Basic SEO for WordPress Blogs
- Ethical Ways to Increase Search Engine Traffic to Your Site
- How can search engine optimization boost your online business?
- How to Build Your Email List with a WordPress Blog?
- 12 Ways to Get More Blog Subscribers
- Incredible Ways to Get Your First 1000 Email Subscribers
- How to Engage Your Email Subscribers From the Moment They Sign Up
- How to Build Strong Relationships with Your Customers?
- 9 Psychological Tricks to Improve Your Email Marketing Campaign
- Free Verified High PR Instant Approval Directory Submission List
- 20 Ways to Get Quality Backlinks To Your Blog
- High PR DoFollow Blogs List For Comments
- List of DoFollow Forums to Increase Backlinks
- 9 Proven Ways To Get Your First 1000 Twitter Followers
- How to Choose the Right Social Bookmarking Website?
- Top 10 Bloggers To Follow Right Now To Learn Blogging
- 5 Free Tools to Unfollow Non Followers on Twitter
- 10 Effective Ways to Boost Your Social Media Profiles
- How I Made $125 Within First Month of My Blog?
- Major Benefits of Guest Blogging?
- How to Become a Productive Blogger
- Tools for Improving Your Writing Skills in 2016
- 9 Best Free Tools for Creating Stunning Content
- The Secrets To More Effective Article Marketing
- 4 Unmissable Content Writing Tips
Make Money With Your Blog:
- Make Money with Google AdSense
- Google AdSense Income Boosters – Three Most Effective Strategies
- What is Affiliate Marketing & FAQ
- How To Start With Affiliate Marketing?
- VigLink – Make Money with Non Monetized Blog Links
- DreamHost Affiliate Program! Earn $97 for Each Referral
- Make Money with Thesis Affiliate Program
- How to Make Money with ClickBank
Do you’ve a second?
It took me more than an hour to finish this post “How To Start A Blog In 10 Minutes“. It only takes 1 second to share with others. Can you spend a second on sharing it? Click on any of the sharing button below.
If you liked this post, click here and enter your Email address to follow my progress. You will receive monthly updates on my latest posts and gain additional insight into my blogging strategy.
How To Start A Blog In 10 Minutes by Nilantha Jayawardhana.